Friday, February 11, 2011

Fabrics and Rugs Reflect the Landscape



I spent hours looking at many photos of the European Pioneers, American Indians and all the Immigrants to the Hill Country. Then I spent hours walking our property, picking up stone, arrow heads, spilt rocks, tree bark and all the natural God given materials that make up O'Mesa. As I found myself looking 360 degrees, up, down and side to side from the home site, I could see beautiful shades of sky blue, 7 shades of green, bronze and wheat colored grasses, muted brown and grey bark, wildflowers in white, yellow, purple, pink, red, blue and orange. The fabrics and rugs will be a beautiful blend of the styles of the natives people and of the God's paint brush. The colors just happen to be my favorites: sky blue, earthy brown, poppy red and cactus green.

No comments:

Post a Comment