Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Barn Grew....

The first barn design was smaller, all wood and designed for utility. Then Bill and I went to dinner to the Navajo Grill with our Fredericksburg friends, Mary and Marshall Cunningham. This fine dining spot has an outdoor area with a large bar and outdoor dining. HMMM...I started looking at this concept and my light bulb was illuminated!...I revised our barn design to include FUN. Why not?

The extra large barn doors on three sides can be opened up for a "party barn" atmosphere...and check out the patio and view off the west side! This may be my favorite view. Our Jeep and Utility vehicle will he housed in this barn but with little effort, these can be moved out and the doors opened for some real fun. I decided on a speckled beige floor that is baked on for cleaning ease, added speakers for great sound and music, vintage style barn lights in the interior and exterior, flagstone patio off the west side, and lots of room for dinin' and dancin'. I think this will be be best spot for BBQ and Beer as the sun goes down in the western sky.

I am not sure exactly why this has been my favorite part of the project...it makes me smile...maybe because I can imagine my kidos with their friends and families enjoying a "doe see doe", roasting hotdogs on the old metal pit, rocking on the back porch as the breeze cools the air and the sun goes down. It is relaxing. It is easy. It is comfortable. It is what brings folks to the Texas Hill Country.

Plan on spending time in my BARN cause...it will be where you will find me hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment