Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Seasons Change

We are moving into my favorite time of the year. Now the night air is cooler and the first signs of Autumn are beginning to appear. The acorns are falling, leaves are changing colors of gold, orange, purple, brown and red. It is harvest time here and in many places all over the world.
My thoughts take me back to the time we traveled to Switerland with the Gutmann's. Harvest celebrations with favorite wild game foods, fall vegtables and root plants prepared in traditional style were featured in all the restaurants. The Swiss understand the sacredness of this time and preparations are made for a long, cold and sometimes rentlentless winter.

In Fredericksburg, farmers pray for rain so there might be another cutting of hay, water for the fall vegetable planting and so the streams are flowing for the fly fishermen. O'Mesa sits above a wonderful fly fishing stream, stocked with trout and other native fish. I dream about the walk out the front gate and down to the stream for an afternoon of fishing. It may be that I take a picnic but in either case, I will think about my Dad, ( Papou, Nick) along the way. He loved to fish and never really took much time to enjoy his hobby. One of the great lessons I learned through his dying and his death, enjoy and live each day as though it may be your last for someday it will be.

Today, completing O'Mesa seems very far into the future. I hope my children and grandchildren will enjoy this home and really use it for time to enjoy God's precious good earth. I dream that interested family members will take their fishing poles and head out for an outing. I dream about long still, calm days, peaceful in every way, resting in God and all he provides. I dream about my family loving each other without judgement, without expectation. Is this possible? I pray that our family break the chains of bondage and the family tree is healed of generational wounds. I pray for peace and that this home brings individuals and families together in love.

Next month I will be preparing myself for the Healing of the Family Tree Mass. It is very common for humans to continue what they consciously or unconsciously learned and repeat mistakes, problems, habits, ways to handle stress, wounds, hurts, behaviors and patterns from generation to generation. Today, I begin preparations for the healing and for a way that this O'BRIEN/MORRIS family live in harmony. I image a sign on the O'Mesa back door: GONE FISHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment