Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent 2011 Getting Ready

My last blog entry was the Scripture readying Matthew 7: 24-27. In today's Word Among Us, December 1, 2011, the reading is the same with an emphasis on getting ready and livng our lives with faith in God and his word. "Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord", will enter the kingdom of heaven. " Matthew 7: 21.

Yesterday I went to see O'Mesa after spending Thanksgiving in Shreveport with our whole family. Yaya, Fritz and I drove to Fredericksburg on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving to "get ready for Christmas". How synchronistic is this! As I am preparing for the arrival of my sister, her husband and all her children and grandchildren, I am reminded that this is the beginning of Advent and the beginning of our preparation for Jesus and for His Second Coming.

I am Getting Ready...that is getting ready for my own passing into the life eternal, preparing for Christmas and the birth of Christ and all that his life and death means to us, preparing for our own celebration of His awesome birth into a world wrecked with pain, preparing our home to welcome guests, visitors, the sick, the weak, the lost, the sinner, ALL OF US who by virtue of being human, need shelter from the world. Jesus' birth gave us HOPE, to live in this world, a temporary, short-lived existance with HOPE for a loved-filled eternal life.

So today as I begin my journey into Advent, I open to the same scripture reading that I opened to the day we broke ground on O'Mesa. Synchronistic? SMILE Because when you know and believe, God communicates and relates to each of us this way! He is awesome! There is no accident, chance, mistake ....no, it's God's way of reminding me AGAIN, to keep my eyes focused on his gaze, that O'Mesa is built on a rock and it is sacred ground for all who come through the gates, pass the equal arm cross symbols on the lamp posts, and leave their worldly attitudes at the bottom of the hill. O'Mesa was built on this prayer and today this prayer is re-remembered as we complete construction this month and as we enter into Advent, a birth of a new life, a beginning, a HOPE for the eternal, the fullness of love ever-after.

And so I pray: "Jesus, you came into this world as a humble, sweet baby, to have allof us look at ourselves in a different way. You brought HOPE to each of us and taught us that there's more to this life than what meets our eyes. I ask for the courage to recognize my own sinfulness, confess and reconcile my weakness and journey into Advent with the peace, love and joy of this season. It is my prayer that O'Mesa stand firm on the rock it is built upon, that everyone who visits, leaves restored, their hearts at peace and the spirits filled with your love. Let us forever keep our focus on our true rock, YOU, our true Lord and your promise for eternal life."

We are heading into the "home stretch" this month as we complete this home on a rock. I am forever humble and grateful for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment